Call for Nominations
Phius Alliance Chicago Chapter: 2024 Board Elections
The Chicago Chapter of Phius Alliance is currently seeking nominations for open board positions. Selected board members must join the Phius Alliance prior to beginning their term, if they have not already done so.
A program of Phius, the Phius Alliance provides a chapter/membership structure to support the growing community of passive building professionals in the United States. Through networking opportunities and other forums, Phius Alliance Chicago members connect with one another and with industry representatives. In partnership with Phius technical staff, the Phius Alliance Chicago provides training opportunities and disseminates technical information and research to passive building practitioners nationwide.
BOARD MEMBER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and refine the Chapter’s mission and purpose
- Ensure effective organizational planning and adequate resources
- Assist with planning speaker presentations and other programming as part of monthly Chapter meet up
- Promote awareness of the principles of passive building
- Educate the community and engage in knowledge sharing
- Look for creative ways to engage other organizations
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Serve an initial term of 3 years, with reelection possible thereafter
- Attend quarterly board meeting and participate in monthly Chapter meetings
- Be able to network and publicly speak on behalf of the Chapter
- Have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for the principles of passive building
- Have prior leadership experience
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have 2+ years professional experience
**Since we are a membership organization, only current members of the Phius Alliance Chicago are eligible to run and vote. Become a member now. (If you’re not a member yet but would like to become one in order to run or vote, please email Jennifer Hamm at [email protected].)
NOMINATION / ELECTION PROCESS
JAN 17 – Call for nominations announced.
FEB 21 – Annual Member Meeting. Join us to learn about current initiatives and how you can get involved as a board member or committee member.
FEB 23 – Deadline to submit intent to run. Please submit the following to [email protected]:
Nominate yourself or a colleague by submitting a paragraph describing the nominee and their experience with Passive House as well as any related certification credentials (CPHC/Builder/Rater) and why they think they would be a great fit for the position. Please include email contact information for the nominee. Candidates will be announced in the Phius Alliance Chicago newsletter and at the March meetup on March 20th from 5-6pm where each candidate will be given 1 minute to introduce themselves at the beginning of the meeting, if they wish.
FEB 26 – Voting period open for board elections.
You will receive an electronic ballot through email if you are an active member of the Phius Alliance Chicago.
MAR 20– Voting closes.
MAR 22 – Names of elected board members announced.
APR 3 – New board member(s) attend the upcoming board meeting (board positions will be decided).
Thank you for your interest in joining the board of the Phius Alliance Chicago. We wish you the best of luck!