- This event has passed.
Elections + Passive House 501: Your Passive House Questions Answered
May 15, 5:30 pm - 7:45 pm
Passive House 501: Your Passive House Questions Answered
For the final component of our Passive House series, we’re turning the floor over to you and answering your Passive House related questions. If you have any questions you’ve been wanting to ask, now’s your chance! Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send questions by May 10th.
The meetup will start with an introduction to 2019 board candidates followed by elections so please arrive by 5:45 to participate in electing the next board.
5:30pm — Networking
5:45pm — 2019 Board elections: get to know the candidates and vote.
6:00pm — Presentation
About Passive House Alliance Chicago Chapter: 2019 Board Nominations
The Chicago Chapter of Passive House Alliance U.S. (PHAUS) is currently seeking nominations for open board positions. Selected board members must join PHAUS-Chicago prior to beginning their term, if they have not already done so.
A program of the Passive House Institute U.S. (PHIUS), PHAUS provides a chapter/membership structure to support the growing community of passive building professionals in the United States. Through networking opportunities and other forums, PHAUS members connect with one another and with industry representatives. In partnership with PHIUS technical staff, PHAUS provides training opportunities and disseminates technical information and research to passive building practitioners nationwide.
BOARD MEMBER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and refine the Chapter’s mission and purpose
- Ensure effective organizational planning and adequate resources
- Assist with planning speaker presentations and other programming as part of monthly Chapter meet up
- Promote awareness of the principles of passive building
- Educate the community and engage in knowledge sharing
- Look for creative ways to engage other organizations
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Serve an initial term of 3 years, with reelection possible thereafter
- Attend annual board meeting and participate in monthly Chapter meetings
- Be able to network and publicly speak on behalf of the Chapter
- Have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for the principles of passive building
- Have prior leadership experience
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have 2+ years professional experience
NOMINATION / ELECTION PROCESS
MAY 3 – Call for nominations announced
MAY 15 – Deadline to submit intent to run. Please submit the following to email@example.com:
Nominate yourself or a colleague by submitting a paragraph describing the nominee and their experience with Passive House as well as any related certification credentials (CPHC/Builder/Rater) and why they think they would be a great fit for the position. Please also include email contact information for the nominee. Nominations will also be accepted at the meetup on May 15th.
MAY 15 – Voting period open for board elections
Since we are a membership organization, only current members of Passive House Alliance Chicago are eligible to vote. Voting will take place electronically and at the meetup on May 15th.
MAY 17 – Voting closed
MAY 17 – Names of selected board members announced