- This event has passed.
Indoor Air Quality
September 18, 5:00 pm - 7:15 pmFree
Steve Froelicher, PhD, will be presenting on indoor air quality.
Steve will be presenting on:
· Formaldehyde: the molecule, reactivity, basics
· VOCs: other common VOCs in buildings and their hazards
· Construction items, furniture, source control
· Methods for identifying VOCs: Flame Ionisation Detection, Photo Ionisation Detection
· Detection and measurement as it relates to green building rating systems.
Dr. Steve Froelicher is a Senior Scientist at Prism Analytical Technologies. Dr. Froelicher received a B.S. in Chemistry from Northern Kentucky University and a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from Purdue University. Steve has worked at Prism since 2011 and his interests include understanding and correlating VOC sources, improving and developing new methods for VOC and semi-volatile (SVOC) detection, and educational awareness of VOCs for the air testing community. Dr. Froelicher has also been an Adjunct Chemistry Lecturer at local universities for the past 23 years.
Please join us for a tour of Leopardo prior to the presentations from 5:00pm – 5:30pm. The Leopardo office is in the final stages of pursuing dual certification under the LEED and WELL commercial interiors rating systems. The space was finished in December of 2018. They did a hard hat tour during Chicago Greenbuild 2018 and will be presenting on this project at the Chicago Builds Conference this September.